Tuesday 17 September 2013

Essie Sleek Stick nail stickers in 03 so hautel

I received these stickers in my Latest in Beauty Nail edition box. I hadn't ever tried nail stickers before, but I thought I might as well give these a go since I had them and see what they were like! They came in the packet below, and included a tiny little file inside to file off the sticker.



As you can see - the detailing is really nice. The stickers are an orangey red colour, with tiny little gold stud detailing. Applying them was really easy. I matched up my nails with the stickers until I found the correct fitting ones, then peeled them off the sheet and stuck them down onto my natural nails. The next thing I did was take my nail file and file downwards on the tip of my nail and on top of the sticker, to file away the edge and enable me to peel the excess sticker off. Once I did this I just filed around the free edge to make sure there weren't any jagged edges. That's it! No need for a top coat unless you want to put one on for piece of mind that they'll stay put. 

The details on the packet didn't indicate the wear time of these stickers, but I'd guess they're meant to last around a week. My nails tend to chip really easily normally anyway, so I'll be surprised if I get 2 or 3 days out of them without them peeling off or coming away at the edges. I won't be cynical though! I do really like these stickers for the easiness and quickness of getting them on, so if you haven't got much time to wait around for nail polish to dry these are pretty good!


Would you consider wearing these?

Jen x

18 comments:

  1. Really pretty nails! I'm useless when it comes to nail transfers.

    *following*

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really good on you, I have really curved nails so when I tried nail stickers it was a bit of a nightmare to get them on nicely!
    www.justrach.com <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you! mind you, mine are quite curved too, i managed to file them into a manageable shape and it worked out quite well! :) xx

      Delete
  3. never thought about wearing nail stickers before because i find using polish soothing, but they look so nice!
    michelle xo - @shelleymagpie
    www.shelleymagpie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what you mean, i couldn't wear them all the time, i'd miss the applying of my nail polish! thank you dear :) xx

      Delete
  4. I had a set of these from my GlossyBox and they lasted for a good week until i had to take them off for work! I was so impressed x

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really!? ooh wow hopefully they'll last a good few days then! glad they worked for you

      xx

      Delete
  5. Oooo I love them, a great statement nail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are aren't they! would be good for christmas too :) xx

      Delete
  6. Never thought of trying stick on nails - im always doing some sort of nail art all the time. But i may give this a go. They look great on. Great Post!

    www.yasbeyou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you should try them out! i wouldn't have tried them if they hadn't been in this box but i'm glad i did :) x

      Delete
  7. These look amazing, I have never tried stick on nails but really want to try them now! I love the pattern on these :)

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either but I was pleasantly surprised!

      :) xx

      Delete
  8. these are really pretty and saves the drying time like you said

    New follower

    Carrieanne x


    BeautiesUnlocked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they're really effective aren't they :) xx

      Delete
  9. I have them and I love them! Really good for special occasions. It's meant to last for 10 days, but mine survived for about a week, which is better than anything else I've tried :)

    Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah mine lasted about a week too! they were really cool! x

      Delete