Sunday 3 November 2013

My Holy Grail Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear

There's only one foundation I've bought over and over again, and it's the Estee Lauder Double Wear. After suffering from quite bad acne in my teenagers years I have some pigmentation from the scars. I also suffer from breakouts now so I need a foundation that's going to cover everything without feeling too cakey or heavy. I've tried other medium - heavy foundations in the past and just found them quite poor after using this.


If you're used to a sheer or light coverage foundation, then this will feel very heavy for you. But if you're used to using a medium to heavy coverage, you'll really enjoy this. I don't use much and I blend it in really well. You can vary the coverage by how much you use, but I find the best application is when it's put on quite sheer, as you don't need a lot of it to cover your skin. It dries to a matte finish, and you barely need any concealer over the top. It's a powder finish so it doesn't really require powder but I sometimes powder my nose and t-zone if it's a warm day or I'll be out for a long time.


The only negative I'd have to say about this is that once it's dried onto your skin you can't then go back in to blend it again as it'll take what's already set off your skin and mess it up. The best application is to blend it while it's still freshly put on to how you want it then let it set. I


Other than that, there's nothing else bad to say about this foundation. I use it every single day, apart from the odd Sunday where I'll wear nothing on my face or just a sheer foundation. 


I use the shade 1N1 Ivory Nude which is one of the lightest shades you can get. That's another great thing about this foundation, it comes in really pale shades that suits the palest of girls like me! I find this foundation lasts on my face all day, from application to taking it off it barely budges.


This is when it's freshly been applied. As you can see the coverage is heavy but not cakey at all, and this isn't properly blended in either.

If you're looking for a full coverage foundation that will look natural, cover imperfections and last all day, then I'd fully recommend this one! If you're looking for a foundation with just as good staying power and the same finish, but not as heavy a coverage, then I'd recommend the Double Wear light which is just a lighter version if you haven't got as much to cover!


You can find the Double Wear here for £28.50


Have you tried this? Do you like it?

Jen  x

No comments:

Post a Comment